Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Southwards And Back



Well, whaddya know- Something post-appropriate happened. I went to Sao Paulo with JH to play at SESC there (apparently there are SESC venues all around the country but they're not all as nice as the one we played at), which we did. Twice. What follows is the photographic evidence. Longtime readers of this "blog" may notice a familiar face; That of my dear friend Hu (whom I'd never actually met in person until now.) She graciously showed us around town a bit and was generally awesome. Conclusion: I had a great time and Brazil is fascinating. And they know food and drink.


 
This is a quick pan around the city from the patio at the SESC cafe. It gives some sense of how big SP actually is- It's sprawling.

 
Note the statues on the tops of the buildings- They look alarmingly like someone getting ready to jump, but when you realize they're on all the surrounding buildings it's pretty interesting.

They have book dispensers in the subway, apparently.
Breaded meat. Loveliness.
Indescribably wonderful, yet non-alcoholic.
We've all been pronouncing it wrong- It's "gua-ra-NA."
Guava-paste pie and ice cream. One of the single best taste experiences I've ever had, hands-down.
Hu's "salad bar" choices at Rascal. Fantastic.
Jamie photographs the stage. We document everything, always.
The beginning of lunch at Bar da Dona Onça.
Hu's choices for me at Rascal. I went through this plate so fast even I was shocked.

Hu laughs at my novelty-sized pout.
From my Ramada Inn 10th floor balcony
Subway art (of which there is a lot in SP.)
More SP subway
Even more SP subway
Still more SP subway
We'd just got in and I was predictably tired but happy to be there.
Yes, I'm ending the photos, appropriately enough, with dessert. Trite? Yes, but just look at it.




No comments: