Friday, February 29, 2008

...From the betting-on-the-wrong-horse dept.

This isn't exactly an original sentiment,
but in this case it is very apt:
FUCK BIG CORPORATIONS WITH A POINTED STICK. I figured I'd done my due diligence a few months ago when I researched HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray and went with HD-DVD. Everything made sense- More mature format (versus Blu-Ray's spec changing every year or less), cheaper players, and Sony's miserable track record of format introduction (Betamax, DAT, MD). Well, looks like I (and a few hundred thousand others) lost. As it happens, I bought a Blu-Ray player as well awhile back because Sunshine came out in that format (see my comments on that film in an earlier post) and I quite rightly felt it would be quite an experience in HD. I also bought the Blade Runner Comic Book Guy Special Edition (again, see below) in HD-DVD. Sigh. Oh well, whatever. Both formats look great, and now at least the war is over, but the whole thing just grosses me out.

No comments: